You Can Help Standing Rock
- 01/29/2017 by Earthmum

Donald Trump has given the OK to push forward on the building of the Dakota Access (DAPL) and Keystone XL Pipelines, however the Army Corps of Engineers (ACE) must present an Environmental Impact Statement.

#1  You can help by sending comments to the Army Corps of Engineers NOW before the government tries to stop this Environmental Impact Statement. Emails should be sent directly to Mr. Gib Owen, the Assistant Secretary for the Army of Civil Email:

The subject line MUST include: 'NOI Comments, Dakota Access Pipeline Crossing' and in the body of the email, you can say:
"I am concerned about the vast and dire consequences that potential leaks at the proposed Lake Oahe crossing will have on the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe’s treaty rights and urge the Army Corps to look at routing alternatives. I will not be silenced."

#2 You can go the Amnesty International USA website to let the Morton County Sheriff know you want the human rights of the indigenous community members and the allies protected.

#3 Or you can send a letter to Sheriff Kirchmeier of Morton County, ND asking the police to respect the human rights of the indigenous community members and the water protectors of Standing Rock.


Pres. Donald J. Trump: 'I haven't had one call' complaining about Dakota Access Pipeline. "I don't even think it was controversial."

Call for Standing Rock:
White House (202) 456-1111
White House (202) 456-1414
White House situation room (202) 456-9431
US Department of Justice 202-353-1555
Amnesty International 212-807-8400
Morton County Sheriff's Dept. (701) 667-3330
North Dakota Governor's Office (701) 328.2200. #NEnergy Transfer Partners: (214) 981-0700
U.S. Army Corps Of Engineers: (202) 761-0010; (202) 761-0014

headline photo